At the location "Agios Panteleimon", 3 kilometers away from the village of Trizina and at the Aderes mountain slope, lies the Monastery of the annunciation of Virgin Mary, with 14 monks. It attracts many pilgrims every year and is located in the verdant countryside.
The Monastery built by the Archimandrite Epifanio Theodoropoulo and established in 1976 by the then Metropolitan of Hydra, Spetses and Aegina island, Mr. Ierotheo.
The first monks occupied the Monastery at the 15th of April 1977, day of the celebration of Zoodochos Pigi. The present church was inaugurated by the late Bishop of Synadas, Mr. Germanos, after five years in 1982, at the day of celebration of Zoodochos Pigi.
It is the second avaton (Άβατον, prohibition on entry for women) male Monastery of the Metropolis of Hydra island and is considered a modern miracle because it's been buit without ecomomical resources, but with the hard hand-word of the monks and volunteers.
The Monastery's first Abbot was Simeon Koutsas, after him Mr. Isichios Pepas and continuing was Mr. Spiridon Pavlopoulos.
At Villa Dolphins, apart from the personal care of your needs and the creation of a warm atmosphere, we also deal with the constant improvement of the services we offer to our guests. We try to combine the best possible accommodation with your enjoyment and outdoors activities for a more "dynamic" holiday.
* Βoat trips around the island so that you can see all the hidden beauty and swimm in small beaches with no access from the road
* Horse riding in the picturesque mountains of Poros island, amongst the nature and the trekking paths.
* Fishing by a traditional fishing boat and a profesional with you to the rich fishing grounds around the rocky shores of the Poros island.
* Bicycling around the island or across on the mainland to visit beautiful places such as the Monastery, Neorio, the Lover's bay, the Russian Shipyard and even the min town of Poros island.
* Day trips to the other islands of the Argosaronic such as Hydra island, Spetses island, Aegina island, Agistri island
* Day trips by rented car or mini bus (with or without a driver) to archeological sites on the mainland such as Ancient Epidaurus, Ancient Corinth, Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Troizina or the Covered Tombs of Magoula etc.
Poros is the island of peace, romance and jauntiness. It is overgrown with pine trees which reach the rugged shores or the sandy beaches. The residents of Poros are like all islands, spontaneous, decent and hospitable.