The lemon forest is located on the shores of the Peloponnese opposite the harbour of Poros island. In May, the town of the island is engulfed from the beautiful scents of lemon blossoms. The dense lemon and orange trees create an ethereal beauty to the landscapes.
Nestling between the verdant trees, you will find charming watermills and wonderful waterfalls. Travellers with bicycles can also visit the ancient temple of Trizina and the nunnery of Zoodochos Pigi.
Lemon trees grow wild in Mediterranean climates and can be easily recognized by their tangy smell of fresh. It is ideal for romantic nice long walks as the sound of the running water is wonderfully soothing.
The lemon forest is a very famous location in Poros and Greece in general. There were lots of water mills to the area with tourists visiting them and smelling the scent of the lemons and the oranges.
Also the lemon forest have a lot of natural little water sources. There used to be a celebration there with music and dancing.
Also towards the lemon forest you can swim to the beach of Aliki, a beautiful sandy beach, which ends to a small sea-lake. The beach has got shallow waters, is organised with sun umbrellas and sun decks, canoe and water bicycles.
From there you see the isle of Bourtzi. The Castle of Bourtzi is located there. The castle was built from the Bavarian Carl Wilhelm von Evdek in 1826. It played an important role in the munity of Andreas Miaoulis in 1831 who managed to capture the fortress in order to control the artillery of the strait. Moreover the castle was used from the Germans in the 1940's.
At Villa Dolphins, apart from the personal care of your needs and the creation of a warm atmosphere, we also deal with the constant improvement of the services we offer to our guests. We try to combine the best possible accommodation with your enjoyment and outdoors activities for a more "dynamic" holiday.
* Βoat trips around the island so that you can see all the hidden beauty and swimm in small beaches with no access from the road
* Horse riding in the picturesque mountains of Poros island, amongst the nature and the trekking paths.
* Fishing by a traditional fishing boat and a profesional with you to the rich fishing grounds around the rocky shores of the Poros island.
* Bicycling around the island or across on the mainland to visit beautiful places such as the Monastery, Neorio, the Lover's bay, the Russian Shipyard and even the min town of Poros island.
* Day trips to the other islands of the Argosaronic such as Hydra island, Spetses island, Aegina island, Agistri island
* Day trips by rented car or mini bus (with or without a driver) to archeological sites on the mainland such as Ancient Epidaurus, Ancient Corinth, Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Troizina or the Covered Tombs of Magoula etc.
Poros is the island of peace, romance and jauntiness. It is overgrown with pine trees which reach the rugged shores or the sandy beaches. The residents of Poros are like all islands, spontaneous, decent and hospitable.